@honestyshot on Twitter

29 September 2012

Be with you

It's been exactly a week since you left and I feel like it's been a month. This week crawled by extremely slowly and I find myself missing your presence so much. I know I'm supposed to be independent and strong and keep that smile on my face but sometimes it's so hard. I miss you so much and I really hate that the only form of communication from me to you is via email. And even then, you don't get to access the Internet everyday cos the connection is shit. Everyday, my motivation is your phone call at the end of the day. Hearing your voice makes all my troubles disappear for that moment and I feel my spirits soar. Then again, my spirits plunge down when you've to hang up to get rest.

It's only your 2nd overseas mission and I don't think I've ever felt so lousy or lost before. I don't know how to handle this overwhelming waves of emotion that crash over me everytime I see/hear something that reminds me of you, of us. I feel the tears spring to my eyes and threaten to fall when I listen to a song that makes me think of you, when I go to a place we've been to before, when I eat something we've eaten together before. I hate it that you've to be away from me for such an unnecessarily long time when you can be back here in a week or so after the main outfield exercise. I hate it also that communication with you is so minimal.

However I've also been occupying my time with studying for my tests, spending time with my family/people I love, spending time in school, exercising and all. Any free time is spent trying not to let my thoughts run wild about anything happening to you. I honestly think I've been doing good 'cos I'm not moping around at all.

Another mission to go after Wallaby and I already can't wait for it to be over. The SAF should also let you know your leave so we can confirm our trip at the end of the year! I hate the army -_- It is truly the bane of my life.

Please come back home safe and sound to me, that's all I ask.

No comments: