@honestyshot on Twitter

17 May 2013

Getaway

I figured I should probably do up a post because this space has been collecting quite a bit of dust since my last post. Almost 3 months now, and I think I'm doing quite alright. A little bit of drama in between but I suppose that's settled. A part of me is sad to let everything stay in the past, and to give up what could possibly be really awesome, but I cannot deal with the drama right now and the last thing I need is to be suffocated under all that pressure. Right now where I am, I'm happy. I'm happy being able to do what I want to do, not having to account to anyone for anything, and not having to consider so much about everyone else's feelings and disregarding my own. I like this, I like the way things are, and I like how I am right now. 

Spending most of my time this Spring break lazing around at home catching up with my dramas, watching movies, reading, mostly being a bum, and occasionally getting out of the house to get some fresh air, meet the Freaks and the girls. Can't wait for tomorrow to see the homiez again (the girls are graduating!!!!!!!) and have our sleepover at Chai's having our pizza party and Hell's Kitchen marathon :) I'm so excited this is probably one of the highlights of this Spring break after the Bangkok trip with my 2 crazy girls. I can't believe they're graduating, and Filz and Chai are probably gonna fly off to attend uni elsewhere in the world. We're not only gonna be separated by our schedules, but also time zones and physical distance. I do not want to think of that day coming it makes me really sad :( 

Shall blog about my Bangkok trip in pictures because a picture speaks a thousand words hehehe. Most of the pics are on my Instagram but if you don't follow me there then here's a little picspam of my trip with my 2 crazy girls. I had so much fun on the trip I don't think I can put them into words. Literally experienced what it felt like to "shop till you drop" because boy, there's so many things to buy there and there is literally not enough time to finish walking the whole Platinum and/or Chatuchak because it's just so huge and there's so many things to see and buy it's best you don't walk to every single shop and see what they have in order to have some sort of damage control and also to save your pocket from the disastrous bombing. Wow that was a really long sentence.

Okay here goes my trip in pictures (and some captions):


Flying SQ even though it's a short flight. Thank god for promotions!!!


All 4 of us were at the airport in the departure hall on the same day cos our flights were almost the same time hehe



In-flight meal (which Katie finished for me)

Posing with the Singapore Sling (with extra alcohol) that the head steward gave to us but we didn't drink it because this trip was supposed to be alcohol-free!


My friend, It.
HOORAY WE'VE ARRIVED!!!!!
On our way to the hotel!
Our room @ Arnoma Hotel
Roomies with my favourite tallie <3
5 people in the back of one tuk-tuk otw for dinner (no Viv cos she fell super sick when we got to the hotel -sadface-)

Mookata for dinner on our first night!!
Woohoo free hair-drying services

SHOPPING DAY 1
Lunch which wasn't super fantastic but was alright :)



Replenishing our energy so we can continue shopping!
Damage done after Day 1 - this girl is insane 
Hands-down the best coconut ice cream ever.

Our very cute tattoo artist hehe
Dinner on the 2nd night. Street food which we brought back to our rooms, specially prepared by my favourite (ex) SIA air stewardess <3


Their KFC there beats Singapore's one hands-down man.

Made the biggest mistake ever buying the wrong drink and getting this girl coffee. Suffered the severe aftermath of her caffeine rush. Not funny. 

Tau ghey siao is my best friend.
Went for a short swim hehe super cooling in the bleeding hot weather :) 
LOL I don't know what we were doing

Aftermath of Indian Poker that went extremely out-of-hand (I mean, look at our faces) but we really laughed till our sides ached.

We just had to do some facial cleansing after that amount of cheap lipstick being applied to our faces.

Steamboat lunch before embarking on the crazy journey that is walking Chatuchak.
Chatuchak in the day
Getting force-fed ice cream by Katie
They sold little puppies that were so adorable I wish I could dognap all of them home 
AND CHECK OUT THIS ADORABLE POSSUM OMG

Katie: FOOOOOOOD
Vivian: UGH I'M SO TIRED UGH


YAY CREPES

IT WAS EXTREMELY HOT THAT DAY I SWEAR WE ALMOST DIED (I got sunburnt from walking outside for a few hours, fail)
Our Thai friend's boyfriend, Ohm (I have no idea how to spell his name)
Our super photogenic Thai friend, Min :) 
Chatuchak at night - it's a madhouse I tell you

Mookata for our last dinner in Bangkok!
My loots!
Katie's loots - how do you spell insane again?
2 of my best girlfriends in school

Home we go :)
Getting pushed around the airport hehe
Okay that about sums up my trip. I can't wait for Club Med Phuket with the family in slightly less than a month's time!!! In the mean time, Summer semester starts on Monday, what a bummer :( While everyone is having their 3-month long break I'm having school, complete with morning classes almost everyday, and only finishing at about 7 :'( Woe is me.

My neck is starting to ache from sitting in front of my lappy doing up this extremely long post. I don't think I'll be frequenting this place much until maybe days or even weeks later so let's hope this picspam can last till then.

Stay gold angels, xx.

No comments: