@honestyshot on Twitter

29 December 2012

Winter

Got back a few hours ago from our winter getaway and boy am I glad to be back home. Although I can't believe I'm saying this, I really do miss the wintry cold back in Beijing, Tokyo and Osaka. No doubt, the cold winds sent countless of chills down my spine, left me standing there shivering non-stop in sheer cold, shook me right to my core in the blistering weather, I do miss it all. I miss the pretty, pretty snowflakes that fell from the sky and made their marks in my hair, on my clothes, on my hands, and trying to stay super still to catch a snowflake on my tongue. Running around screaming and getting into mini snowball fights, almost slipping in the snow and falling on my ass, leaving footprints all around wherever we walked. I miss being away from the hustle and bustle of Singapore, from the humidity, from the heat, from almost all social network connections, and just spending pure quality time with the people I love.

With my phone rendered hopeless in a foreign country where I have no access to wifi/3G all the time, I got to know my family better, realised my siblings have all grown so much and we're now all able to talk to each other and have humourous conversations and have fun with each other, getting closer to my siblings, was really heartwarming. I honestly wished the holiday would never end because that'll mean coming back to the harsh reality that is school in about 2 weeks, and also the boy going back into the army and us only getting to meet once a week. I've enjoyed the past 11 days to the maximum and I don't think I've ever seen so much snow in my life. 4 times, 4 times it snowed throughout the 11 days and I don't think I could be happier than I was in that time. Nothing beats spending quality time with my favourite people in the entire universe.

x

Picspam from my first 3 days in Beijing, more when I get my camera back from the boy :)





















Never giving this up for anything in the world.

No comments: